Saturday, April 20, 2013

Reflection - Week of 4/15

This week we had our group media literacy presentations. The assignment was to make a lesson plan/presentation to present to the class. We were to act as if they were our students and we were teaching them. I was in a group with Jovana and Evelyn. We had a pretty good idea, which was to show and teach our students how to create a website. The students would use this website to then complete an assignment that would be relevant to a current lesson plan. It was a little confusing/difficult because obviously the lesson would be what we were teaching, not what we would be teaching it for. I feel like this threw us off a little, but I think we had a good presentation anyway. We got a little flustered/jumbled when the professor said that the class wouldn't be going along and actually making the website with us. Knowing that, I think we could have presented it a little more effectively.

I thought the other groups had good presentations. A few of them didn't actually teach us anything, rather they talked about media literacy. I still think their presentations and information were good, just not what the assignment called out for.

Anyway, we do not have class next week but we need to view Slumdog Millionaire on our own time. I'm excited the movie was switched to this one because I love that movie! I remember when the movie came out I worked at a movie theater and I didn't know much about it, but my mom convinced me to go see it (free movie tickets!). It was definitely worth it, and it deserved all of the awards it won. It really keeps you interested and it brings up some critical issues as well. I'm excited to watch it again.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your idea about making a website! I've always wondered how people went about doing that and I learned on Monday how I could begin the process which will be very beneficial if I ever decide to put myself out there and start a website about something I truly believe in! Thank you and your group mates for introducing such an interesting process to the class, to be honest I always thought that only "tech genius's" could create websites, but I guess they made up a website in order to help others do the same! I have yet to watch Slumdog Millionaire, but I'm sure it will be as amazing as you describe it!

    Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete