Sunday, May 5, 2013

Rough Draft - World Text Analysis Essay

Hey everyone. Here is my rough draft of the World Text Analysis Essay. It's just the opening paragraph for now. I'm still gathering my ideas on this essay, but I feel like the intro will show whether or not I'm on the right track.



Michelle Rehberger
Professor Wexler
English 495ESM
6 May 2013
Globalization and Slumdog Millionaire
            Danny Boyle’s 2008 Academy Award winning film Slumdog Millionaire became an instant hit among critics for its unique structure and refreshingly original story. However, this film is more than just an enjoyable film to watch in one’s spare time. This film brings to light the issues of imperialism and globalization in third world countries. It shows the negative effects of the Western world in a way that most would overlook. The main character, Jamal, is accused of lying on a game show based off of the American show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”—another effect of the  Western culture. Through Jamal’s flashbacks from his childhood to the present, the audience gets a glimpse of how the Western culture has influenced their world in a not so positive way.

1 comment:

  1. I like this introduction. I really want to know how you can relate this in a more personal way, rather than the overarching way.

    ReplyDelete