Sunday, February 24, 2013

Reflection - Week of 2/18

Well, this week's reflection is going to be a little short. I was not in class this week because I wasn't feeling well at all, and making the hour drive to CSUN and back was just not going to work.

This week I have been working on the two poems that are due tomorrow. It's been...hard. I'm really not sure what to write, or why (other than my grade). The inspiration is just not there for me right now. I spend pretty much all of my week focused on technical work. It can be tedious sometimes, and I feel like it sometimes blocks my creativity. Creativity...that's what the weekend is for, right?

Anyway, I've been browsing my classmates blog's and reading some of their poetry. That almost makes it harder for me. So far, all the ones I've seen have been so creative and so well done. Since I am far from a poet, mine will probably be much shorter. I've been looking into writing more of a haiku-style poem, or something even inspired by the poem I did my analysis on. Maybe I'll a take hint from imagism and use an economy of words. That doesn't make it easier though. Doing that requires a careful consideration of words, as well as their arrangement.

Well, that's all for now. I definitely wrote a bit more than I expected when I started this reflection. We'll see tomorrow how these poems turn out...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you were sick, I'm sick now too! Class was very short, all we had to do was make sure to start on our poem and some of us also formed groups for our Myth Presentation! I was having a very hard time writing my essays at first as well, but I gained the confidence once I researched some other poems of different poems and also when Professor Wexler gave us the oppurtinity to start in class. I was a bit shocked when he told us we had to recite them tomorrow in front of the class, but I think I feel comfortable enough reciting mine to all of you. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete