Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reflection - Week of 2/4

The topic of discussion during this week's class was poetry. That definitely did not excite me (that and the bookstore still hadn't received my book. I ordered it three weeks ago and they finally got it to me on Wednesday. I will never miss the bookstore.) Poetry is far from my favorite subject, so I never have much to say about it in class. I just don't enjoy most of it, although I have found some of John Milton's poetry to be quite amazing; however, this really could be because of the way my teacher presents it. So it's unfortunate for me that our essay is limited to only poems found in our book (the Milton poems in here are not the ones I would prefer to write on). I'm sure I'll be able to find something I can write on though. I always find a way through it. That's not to say that I won't struggle through this essay--especially with the Walking Dead returning tonight! All I know is I will definitely be glad once this essay is over. Then I'll just have to write two more poems and I should be done with poetry for a least a little while.

While I'm not a fan of most poetry, I have learned to understand it much better than I did when I started college. Before college, seeing a poetry assignment was pretty much the end of the world for me. At least now I can appreciate more of the meanings of the works. What I've learned about poetry from college is the more you practice reading poetry, the more you begin to understand it. That is...until you read The Wasteland. Then you go back to not understanding any of it until you get to class! ;)

Note:
Here is my preferred email for class- forgot to post on the intro:
michelle.rehberger.527@my.csun.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment